In esclusiva per "Le Cronache di Neverwinter" un servizio fotografico staff Obsidian

« Older   Newer »
Cattaneo R
view post Posted on 7/8/2007, 18:30 by: Cattaneo R

Chris Avellone - (Creative Director)

1) Quali sono i tuoi giochi preferiti del passato?
1) What are your favorite games from the past?

Chris Avellone
. I have a few games from the past that are my favorites (these are spur of the moment recollections, so it doesn’t include all my old favorites). Among them are Wasteland (a progressive RPG for its time, and some damn cool story events and locations), Eternal Dagger (sequel to Wizard’s Crown, which I thought had fun character advancement), Final Fantasy III (awesome story choices and effective use of special character abilities), Alone in the Dark, most if not all of LucasArts adventure games, including the Monkey Island series, Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, plus Chronotrigger (for the branching, story quality, reactivity, characters, and some of the story choices they made), System Shock 2 (which I consider to be a design doc on how to approach games), Ultima Underworld (one of the best RPGs I've ever played, for a variety of reasons), Myth 1 (for the feel of the world and the narrator’s voice). There’s probably a bunch of older games I have fond feelings for, like the Bard’s Tale series (which is why I begged for a Commodore 64 in the first place from my folks), the D&D gold box series, and others. Anyway, that’s some to start with that came to me off the top of my head

Italian/Italiano
1. Diversi giochi del passato rientrano fra i miei favoriti (qui vado un po' a braccio, quindi non li elencherò tutti). Fra questi ci sono Wasteland (un RPG particolarmente innovativo per il suo tempo e con eventi e luoghi molto belli), Eternal Dagger (sequel di Wizard’s Crown, che pensavo avesse un sistema di avanzamento del personaggio divertente), Final Fantasy III (scelte meravigliose e uso effettivo delle abilità speciali), Alone in the Dark, e soprattutto tutte le avventure LucasArts, comprese la serie di Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, e Chronotrigger (per la qualità della storia, la reattività, i personaggi e alcune delle scelte fatte dai programmatori), System Shock 2 (che considero una bibbia sul come avvicinarsi ai giochi), Ultima Underworld (uno dei migliori RPG che abbia mai giocato per varie ragioni), Myth 1 (per la voce del narratore e per il feeling trasmesso dal mondo). Probabilmente ci sono molti altri giochi di cui ho ottimi ricordi, come la serie Bard’s Tale (per cui implorai i miei genitori di comprarmi un Commodore 64 all'epoca), la serie D&D gold box e altri. Questi però sono i primi che mi vengono in mente.

2) Che genere di musica ascolti?
2) What kind of music do you like?

Chris Avellone
I don’t have a particular style of music I like. I would describe my tastes as “eclectic,” but I would be lying. A better word for it would be “aimless,” or “random.” I don’t tend to listen to jazz or classical, but everything else is fair game.

Italian/Italiano
Non c'è un particolare stile musicale che mi piaccia. Descriverei i miei gusti come "eclettici", ma mentirei. Una migliore descrizione sarebbe "casuali". Non tendo ad ascoltare jazz o classica, ma tutto il resto va bene

3) Qual'è il tuo hobby preferito nella vita reale?
3) What's your favorite hobby in real life?

Chris Avellone
. I would probably describe work as my hobby, since I would be doing it even if I wasn’t paid for it. :) On my off-time, though, I do like to draw cartoons (http://blog.myspace.com/SicilianChris), play games, write comic scripts (I did some work for Star Wars Tales, and a few stories for the Clone Wars Adventures series for Dark Horse), and exercise a lot. I used to run, but I stopped recently – I ran a marathon and survived, and that’s the most I wanted out of it before switching to something else

Italian/Italiano
Descriverei il mio lavoro come il mio hobby, dato che lo farei anche se non fossi pagato per farlo :) . Nel tempo libero però mi piace disegnare cartoni http://blog.myspace.com/SicilianChris videogiocare, scrivere script per fumetti (ho fatto qualche lavoro per Star Wars Tales ed alcune storie per la serie Clone Wars Adventures della Dark Horse), e fare molto esercizio. Una volta correvo, ma recentemente ho smesso - ho corso una maratona e sono sopravvissuto e questo era quello che volevo fare prima di passare ad altro

4) Cosa ti piace leggere?
4) What kind of reading do you like?

Chris Avellone
I enjoy reading Iain M. Banks (thanks to a recommendation from Australian designer and pal, Chris Proctor), Stephen Erickson, Glen Cook, David Coe, and a number of other fantasy/science fiction authors, but nothing’s really hit me as hard as the George R.R. Martin series, "Song of Ice and Fire." I also read a bunch of comic books, from Hellboy, to Punisher, to anything Alan Moore writes. We share a lot of comic books at work, so there’s usually something interesting on the “freebie” tables to pick up and read

Italian/Italiano

Mi è molto piaciuto leggere Iain M. Banks (grazie alla raccomandazione di un designer australiano ed un mio amico, Chris Proctor), Stephen Erickson, Glen Cook, David Coe e diversi altri autori di fantasy e fantascienza, ma niente mi ha colpito più delle serie di George R.R. Martin, "Song of Ice and Fire." Leggo anche molti fumetti, da Hellboy, a Punisher, a qualsiasi cosa di Alan Moore. Ci scambiamo molti fumetti al lavoro, quindi c'è sempre qualcosa da prendere e leggere sui tavoli.

5) Qual'è il tuo personaggio preferito su NWN2?
5) Who's your favorite character in NWN2?

Chris Avellone
In terms of characters in the game, I thought George Ziet’s Six Sisters in the Illefarn Temple were awesome, as were the two seers Grobnar consults to find the Wendersnaven in Act III and Sydney Natale from Luskan that Tony Evans wrote were probably the most interesting to me. In terms of characters I worked on, my favorite character I wrote in NWN2 is Sand, mostly because his personality allowed for a lot of playing around with word choice and attitude. I did enjoy writing the githzerai references in Zhjaeve, though, and her tales foreshadowing of the main adversary in the game.

In the Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer expansion, however, my favorite character was Gannayev, mostly because of his unique outlook on dreams and how they affected the people and events of Rashemen

Italian/Italiano
In termini di personaggi del gioco, pensavo che le Sei Sorelle di George Ziet nel tempio di Illefarn fossero stupende, così come le due veggenti che Grobnar consulta per trovare Wendersnaven nell'Atto III e Sydney Natale di Luskan scritta da Tony Evans sono probabilmente i più interessanti a mio avviso. In termini di personaggi su cui ho lavorato, il mio preferito in NWN2 è Sand, principalmente perché la sua personalità ha permesso di divertirmi molto con la scelta di parole e atteggiamenti. Mi è molto piaciuto scrivere i riferimenti a githzerai in Zhjaeve, e le sue storie che fanno presagire l'antagonista principale del gioco.

In Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer però il mio personaggio preferito è Gannayev, per la sua unica prospettiva sui sogni e su come questi influenzino le persone e gli eventi di Rashemen.

6) Qual'è la tua parte preferita di NWN2 e perchè?
6) What's your favorite part of NWN2 and why?

Chris Avellone
. I love the trial in Act 2, mostly because you get a lot of reactivity out of it, you get the chance to really hammer Torio and fight back after all the crap she’s been dishing out against your character for most of the game. Also, it gives the player some cool and varied dialogue choices to flex their skills in verbal and diplomatic combat, which is always fun to script.

Italian/Italiano
Mi è molto piaciuto il processo nell'Atto II, perché si ha molta reattività in esso, si ha la possibilità di colpire davvero duro Torio e controbattere a tutto quello che ha servito al personaggio nel corso del gioco. Inoltre si da al giocatore dei dialoghi molto vari ed interessanti che li aiutano ad affinare le loro abilità verbali e di combattimento diplomatico, il che è sempre divertente da scriptare.

Edited by Cattaneo R - 13/8/2007, 15:25

10 replies since 7/8/2007, 00:09   12127 views